[Denemo-devel] Scheme scripts and libs

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Scheme scripts and libs
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:50:09 +0100

Hi all,

today I began to write scheme scripts.
Using the functions to control Denemo are very easy and good to use.

But I noticed that, in opposite to other script-languages, scheme has not many
build-in functions.

I am planning a script that involve placing some random notes in the score. In
the end there shall be a script that composes simple melodies and a second
voice in the medieval discantus style around 1100.

I looked a bit around and there seem to be a few places that provide libraries
for additional scheme functions, like a random number generator.

For example this http://planet.plt-scheme.org/ (random.plt is the lib). Is
there any way we can provide/integrate these libs so that its easy for a user
to use specific functions?

I also encountered that the scheme-window is very limited (like the
lilypond-edit-window) and it would be quite a nice project in the future to use
something like http://www.scintilla.org/ to provide more comfort for
textediting.

Nils, exploring Denemos beauty.