Re: [Denemo-devel] Feedingback

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Feedingback
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:48:50 +0000

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 23:36 -0500, Clif Flynt wrote:
> Hi,
>   In beating on things, I've played a little with the 4xml tools, and
> wrote a quick&dirty editor/formatter for the denemo xml files.  I'ts
> barely adequate for removing lily pond directives, but that's what I
> needed right now.
>
>   Do you guys already have a tool for examining, highlighting, editing,
> etc the denemo file directly?
>
>   Is this a tool that would be worthwhile to the developers? (I don't
> think it would be useful to most users.  Too easy to shoot yourself in
> the foot.)
>
>   If you don't already have good tools for this, I'll clean it up a bit
> and make it available.
I don't have such a tool - I've only once had to rescue a file that my
development code had rendered unloadable, and I did it by hand. I guess
it would be nice :-) I do have xmlformat thanks to a contributor
pointing out its existence.
There are things you can't fix yet - you cannot make a staff with lyrics
become one without. Not so bad (you can use blank lyrics). Worse if you
end up with two figured basses you have to create a custom scoreblock in
the LilyPond to ignore one of them, since again, you cannot make a staff
with bass figures become one without, but, worse the score won't print
with two figured basses. Not something that has the world unduly
concerned...