[Denemo-devel] Re: beam and stem

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: beam and stem
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 12:01:22 +0000

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 11:01 +0100, Daeavelwyn Kalandeth Baeltalquis
wrote:
> Hi Richard, and happy new year,
>
> Thank for your answer, I try, but I can't edit the lilypond view for
> the changes to take effect on my score view,
Try
File->New
add two notes A A
between them do
Other->Insert Lilypond

Put some text in the dialog e.g. "cucu"
If you are using 0.8.1 then you can also add a display string "here is
cucu"
The LilyPond insert shows as a vertical green line.
Now in the LilyPond window (View->Show LilyPond) you should now see the
word cucu.
I have just done this myself - and there *is* a bug. I had to click on
the Denemo window and then back on the LilyPond window to get the
LilyPond window to refresh. I'll fix this bug now. The workaround is to
click on the Denemo Window then back on the LilyPond window to keep the
LilyPond window updated.

>  and I really want an efficient shortcut management, but I can't find
> how to.
What version do you have? There is documentation in the help manual.

> Just for my information, the beam is the note bar and the stem is the
> link between notes? am I right?
No,  the stem is the vertical line from the notehead for notes shorter
than whole note (semibreve, ronde).
The beaming is the line or lines joining the free end of the stems when
you have groups of notes shorter than quarter note (crotchet, croche).