Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows-bug: Please test to reboot

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows-bug: Please test to reboot
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:28:03 +0000

Having slept on it, I think that re-booting after installation probably
will allow Denemo to run (still with the svg icon problem and some pango
messages, but functional).
I think the model of the problem is that setting a value in the registry
at installation time does not set the environment variable, but tells a
booting system which environment variables to set.
The problem is then compounded by Guile not emitting the expected error
message (which it always does do in my tests), and, worse still,
returning an error code of 0. What that is about I can't imagine -
perhaps just muddled error-reporting amongst our users.
For the next release I'll look at setting the variable from within the
program - people rightly are cautious of installers that touch the
registry anyway.
Richard