Re: [Denemo-devel] updated Makefile.am

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] updated Makefile.am
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:32:18 +0000

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 10:13 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I updated Makefile.am to include CheckPitchs as a symlink into
> educational. I read up on debian package management and found out as
> long as you change this in the rules file everything is fine with out
> install_data_hook from
>
> $(MAKE)
>
> to:
>
> $(MAKE) install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/denemo
>

> This sets up a staging directory to temporarily install into while
> making.
Hmm, does this mean we cannot simply create symlinks below actions/menus
and have them appear in the final installation? Would the procedure be
to create the symlink and then add a line to denemo/Makefile.am?
If so, perhaps we could have a script to run to fix things up when
installing a symlink?

> I also updated src/Makefile.am to include all the scheme related .h
> files that were not there before.
I haven't done a fresh installation in ages - was it broken until now?

> configure.in was updated to add support for smylinking in a Makefile.am
I'm glad you are on top of this stuff!