[Denemo-devel] Checking music for errors.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Checking music for errors.
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:16:57 +0000

With the MIDI keyboard you can play a piece and Denemo can check that
the pitches you have played are the ones in the score. This could be for
educational purposes (can you find the right notes on the
keyboard?Quickly? In all clefs?) or for checking music from an original
which you have just entered.
This latter application is important for me - I have just found the
wonderful treasury of Sammartini sonatas from the Sibley collection, and
have started typesetting some that are not in print. To play over the
notes at the end to check for errors is a great feature.
I have just checked in
menus/MainMenu/EntryMenu/MIDI/CheckNotes
which sets a MIDI filter going listening to what you play and comparing
the pitches with those in the music - advancing the cursor as long as
you agree, beeping if you don't.