[Denemo-devel] MIDI entry filters

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] MIDI entry filters
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:26:26 +0000

I've added some MIDI entry filters to the Entry Menu/MIDI. One is for
edit mode where when you enter a note from the MIDI keyboard the cursor
advances to the next note. The other is for entering figured basses from
the MIDI keyboard. This last needs only a little work to enable you to
enter the chords themselves (a much simpler task).
Notice that they avoid creating global variables. Being filters they
need to create one global, so that if re-entered they know that they are
already active. This one global is prefixed with
<nameOfCommand>::
so that it will not conflict with any other command script.
All other variables are local, which is done using let and let*
constructs.
We should insist on these standards for scripts that we distribute.