[Denemo-devel] Logo Experiments

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Logo Experiments
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:06:08 +0100

I was never statisfied with my own logo for Denemo.

Today I experimented a bit and I have attached you two images. One plain and
one "web 2.0 style". Both are beta.

This logo is a more hard to read but from a graphical point of view its much
more unique, so people will recognize it better. You will notice the funny
little signs on the left side. While I have made this I suddenly noticed that
"Denemo" absolutly sounds like a Japanese word. I don't have any clue what
"Denemo" (in English and in Japanese!) means but I added the Katakana-symbols
(Japanes letters for foreign words, branch-names or to highlight something) for
De-ne-mo to the logo. I know we have nothing to do with Japanese (except I'm
learning it) but I think of it as a little accesoire which make the logo more
unique.

And maybe a Japanese will actually see the logo and think "Ah! Its pronounced
Denemo!" :) After all they make european music, too, and need notation.

Nils

P.S. But after all I am just a musician.. these graphics things are... well..