[Denemo-devel] A good idea.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] A good idea.
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:27:16 +0000

You are entering music using MIDI in, and you play a wrong note. You
angrily hit the correct note and carry on.
Of course, with velocity sensitive keys the MIDI-in could detect your
correction, and switch to Edit mode for that note. That is, the user
could set a threshold above which a note is a correction of the previous
note. The audio feedback would let you know what you were doing.

The only problem (besides not having more than 24 hours in the day) is
that we could create a program which was too difficult to set up. The
computer-keyboard with its CapsLock, Shift, Alt, AltGr, Numeric keypad
etc was quite a nightmare to keep setting-up as a manageable process.
The mouse added more possibilities (Release left mouse button while
holding down Control with NumLock on...) and we could create the
Gormenghast of controls if we are not careful.