[Denemo-devel] midi input

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] midi input
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 08:13:16 +0000

I have plugged in my m-audio keystation 49 and doing
cat /dev/midi
I can see the midi data coming in as I press the keys.
It looks like for the non-jack branch we could possibly just collect the
simplest "noteon" data and use it as pitch input for Denemo. This would
still leave the question of how to get midi out, though. You need some
output as you play the music in as audible feedback that you have hit
the right note.
It's not that I am avoiding getting jackmidi working on my computer,
just a question of finding more than the odd half-hour to work on it.
(You may have noticed that I keep doing lots of small things, for this
reason).