Re: [Denemo-devel] jack midi input

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] jack midi input
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:03:45 +0000

On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 22:52 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> What Jeremiah said is off course right, and there is the
> JACK-virtual-keyboard, too.
> But as far as I understood Richard he is not able to start a JACK server at
> the moment.
That's right

> How about a modern distribution like Ubuntustudio or 64studio (debian) ? :)
The only downside is that we don't know when we are using features not
available for the majority of users if the developers have special
hi-spec machines etc. (And, from a practical point of view, I don't have
a 64bit machine, and only 256Mb of memory...)
However, I personally do want to get midi input going for my own
purposes. So I am off to buy a cable midi to usb, and I'll look further
into the jackmidi dependencies story.

Richard