Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi output faulty for whole measure rests in 4/2 tim

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi output faulty for whole measure rests in 4/2 time
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:34:17 -0500

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 17:06 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 11:21 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 15:46 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > In 4/2 time a whole measure rest lasts half the time it should in the
> > > midi output.
> I should say that by a whole measure rest I mean Denemo measure with
> nothing in it. This is the current Denemo way of indicating a whole
> measure rest. The workaround is to insert actual rests into the measure
> and then correct the LilyPond output using one of the usual techniques.
> >
> > I can put that in my todo list if you like.
> Yes please, there is no hurry as there is a work around.
> > If you are in a hurry
> > thought you may be able to fix it faster than I can. I have been really
> > working hard to fix bugs in importmidi so in many ways it is similar to
> > what I am doing.
> I'm still working on the mouse pointer when dragging notes etc.
> Any thoughts on what the next release might contain?

Well things that I would like to see (I have not seen the roadmap and
some of these things are probably already a feature)

importmidi breaking voices into other staffs

diatonic and real transposition

a way to add either add barline at cursor position (this way a script
can be written that uses the existing method to remove barlines and then
readd them). So in other words a re-beaming tool. An example of where
this would be useful is when you have a tune in your head that your are
transcribing and you notate it down in denemo starting on beat 1. You
then listen to the recording again and realize oops its actually on beat
4. The re-beaming tool can help with this. It seems like a very easy
feature to add but I may be diluting myself. It may also be a current
feature that I failed to notice.