Transposing just one staff. was: Re: [Denemo-devel] From ipool on the wi

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Transposing just one staff. was: Re: [Denemo-devel] From ipool on the wish list
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 11:03:43 +0100

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 10:23 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 20:51 +0200, Thomas Taennler wrote:
> > Thanks for your Answer
> > As I understand it will come up in a future verion more easy to handel?
> Yes. In fact, I have seen the possibility of an immediate improvement
> (using the Staff Properties->Custom Prolog) as a place to insert things
> like transpose directives that apply just to one staff.
I have coded this up and pushed it to git.
So now to transpose just one Staff you choose
Staff Properties -> Custom prolog
and put in that box the transposition required (in LilyPond syntax),
e.g.

\transpose c d

would transpose up a tone

\transpose c c'

would transpose up an octave

\transpose c c,

down an octave

\transpose c bes,

down a major second. (is = sharp, es = flat, see LilyPond docs for more
details - any other changes in the LilyPond print out that you want to
apply to the whole staff can be placed here).