[Denemo-devel] Intercepting Keypresses.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Intercepting Keypresses.
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:32:20 +0100

I have added a function to keyresponses.c to allow keypresses to be
intercepted. We have long needed this for lyrics etc. It will now be
possible to process keystrokes so that lyrics appear under notes as they
are typed in.
The first application is, however, for Scheme scripts to get a char from
the user without a clunky dialog.
I have upgraded the NoteNaming example to use this. As a side effect,
you can change the position of the cursor (and hence the range of notes
being tested) during the course of the script.
It also means that the scoring could now usefully give a value for speed
as well as accuracy, since you key in the note names without needing to
hit Enter for each one.