Re: [Denemo-devel] Merging menu items from file.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Merging menu items from file.
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 17:59:56 +0100

On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 17:28 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> Next I would like to load the Scheme script window with the script
> belonging to a command when the command is loaded, so that it can be
> used as a template and then saved as a new command.
Done. So now if you want use Guitar fingering 1 as a basis for a new
command you use
Edit->Manage commands
load custom command set
navigate to
menus/ObjectMenu/Instruments/Guitar/Fingerings/Finger1
and load it (it merges because of its type) and because it merges
it appends the script to the Scheme window (View->show scheme)
Here you can modify it, then selecting a place in the hierarchy of menus
where you want your modified script to appear, right click and select
Insert Script as Menu Item
which not only inserts it live into your Denemo session, but also stores
it in your hierarchy on disk, as a file whose name is the command name
you chose.
~/.denemo/actions/menus/.../<command name>
If you want this command to load by default, then you save your whole
command set.
There is no way to unload a command from a command set at present - it
will be nice to be able to mark commands as unwanted, and built-ins
could then hide, while scripts could be not saved to disk.