Re: [Denemo-devel] Scripting mode changes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Scripting mode changes
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:28:27 +0100

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 10:48 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 12:54 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I've added the possibility of invoking change of mode from scheme. Note,
> > we don't want to add toggling visibility of windows etc., since these
> > don't affect the denemo data.
>
> Thanks, I will need that for transposition since there is no function to
> to do anything like change_note_n_half_steps().
I think that reading/writing note values should be a high priority - I
don't have the meaning of cursor_y etc at my fingertips, I have an awful
feeling it may be that the pitch of the note depends on some prevailing
value (ie something stored elsewhere in si, like si->currentaccs,
clef...). But for a while I will be busy getting the scripts installable
as menu items etc. so I would be really glad if someone (!) could get to
grips with what values cursor_y and freinds have for a given note, in a
given clef, keysig ... Even just putting some printfs in printing out
the values when a note is entered so that it would be easy to study and
maybe find what the pattern is.