Re: [Denemo-devel] Running Denemo from the tcl interpreter

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Running Denemo from the tcl interpreter
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:43:29 +0100

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 00:42 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I think that above mentioned link has been the clearest tutorial I
> have
> found so far. Is guile to Lispy for you?
yes, but that's life. I am hoping to create the framework which people
who want particular features will find it easy to fill in. Lisp like
languages are unattractive to many, but I anticipate that there will be
syntactic sugar available (e.g. Ruby front end).
guile-snarf appears to be the tool we are looking for - I will have a go
at it today.
If you have any time (to avoid duplication) could you figure out what
the relationship is between the fields (cursor_y, ...) of a DenemoNote
and the pitch (cis'' ees,,, etc ...) so that we are ready to create
sensible read/write functions? I must have got to grips with this to a
certain extent a few years ago but then I went off doing other things,
and I haven't been able to get my head round it recently.