Re: [Denemo-devel] Mailing List under Community on denemo.org

From: Nils Gey
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:54:57 +0200

Hi List, Richard,

I will do that.

To the drum support:

Drum support, or in general percussion support, needs mainly two things:

-The "drum" clef, which is just a retangle
(http://home.utah.edu/~klm6/3730/music/drumclef.gif). I case of
midi-export/live-midi a Drumclef is just a Bass-Clef.

-The ability to choose how much lines the staff has. This is also useful for
other kinds of music.

I think that lilypond can do both, so its "just" a Denemo issue.

Furthermore, what is surely meant by "drum support", is that you hear drums.
This is an issue of either live-midi-playback (where it comes out of the box)
or if you want to add it right now to Denemo than normally the drumset is
avaible on some of the midi channels, normally 10. But I don't know how Csound
does it.

Nils