Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:49:42 -0500

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 11:35 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 22:52 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > So in this instance the alias
> I am not sure what you mean by alias here

I was confused with what you were doing. I thought:
 arraytype;
> arraytype interface_array[] = {
> {"Denemo_InsertBflatmaj",(void*) 0x816ac40},

was creating a alias called Denemo_InsertBflatmaj that really pointed to
(void*) 0x816ac40. This (void*) 0x816ac40 was really just a pointer to a
different function correct? I think this confused me.

> > would point to a GValue containing what?
> > the function name and its arguments?
> >
> > > GValue *value = g_malloc0(sizeof(GValue));
> > >     g_value_init(value, G_TYPE_BOOLEAN);
> > >     g_value_set_boolean(value,Denemo.gui->textview &&
> > > GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE(Denemo.gui->textwindow));
> > >     g_object_set_property (G_OBJECT (widget), "active", value);
> > >
> > > though you wouldn't normally generate them on the heap.
> The Swig tutorial you pointed me to only had examples with parameters
> that were standard C types,

No. I believe you can define your own structures and pass them to the
interface file. I think they have to be defined in the interface file or
defined in an included header. Page 69-74 on this old tutorial from
1998:
http://www.swig.org/papers/PyTutorial98/PyTutorial98.pdf

shows a structure defined in the .i file like this
typedef struct {
     double x,y,z;
} Vector;

I will have to play around with it. The memory will have to be freed
somehow.

> and indeed to invoke a function with some
> other type from the language would require some way of expressing the
> value of a custom type in the scripting language.

I believe that can be done.

Jeremiah