Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo 0.7.9 crash

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo 0.7.9 crash
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 08:42:32 +0100

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 10:58 +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Denemo 0.7.9 crashes if you do the following.
> Enter  Denemo
> Add a note
> insert measure
> undo
>
> This triggers the g_assert on line 56 of selectops.c
The assert was spurious, as a general rule all functions in Denemo
should allow for the possibility that the cursor is not on any object.
I've fixed the bug and pushed to the master (0.7.10).
I think all g_asserts should be surrounded by #ifdef DEBUG
at the least, they are useful only to developers.

I suspect the underlying bug here is that Undo does not notice the
measure insert as something to be undone, and is trying to undo the note
insert, but the cursor is no longer on the note.
We need to note this bug in the release notes, something like:

"Undo is buggy and should be used with care if at all"