[Denemo-devel] Release and Website

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Release and Website
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:44:12 +0200

I am a bit confused with current mailing-list traffic. Mails concerning the
release are hidden in other threads so I decided to start a new one.

Jeremiah asked about logos/icons for denemo.org/downloads.
The linux thing is no problem but I have to warn about Windows. As we all know
the windows logos and flags are protected and its not legal to use them without
permission. Of course in reality Windows is not interested in Denemo but who
knows when they start to be really mean the next time.

So if you want I will put the Windows Logo on denemo.org nevertheless. I
thought about a legal replacement but hardly found any since the logo is an
eyecatcher for the user so a ReactOS-Icon or just anything else, like a real
window, will not work for this. (But I think the ReactOS Logo would be a nice
move :) )

You will tell me and the list when the final release is out?

Nils