Re: [Denemo-devel] Polymetrics

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Polymetrics
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:47:31 +0100

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 01:00 +0300, Kaspar wrote:
> Hmmm, didn't unerstand the denemo file you sent me...
> Why the time signature is changed to 3/4 in the second staff?
Because the approach I took was to say I have measures of 3/4 but every
5 quarter-notes take the time of 3. As I said, you would probably want
it to print 5/4 as the key sig, which would require a little more work.

> It didn't generate the pdf. Because of the errors, I guess.
How did you try to generate a pdf? What version of denemo do you have,
and what version of LilyPond? Attached is the pdf I get by clicking
print.

> Should I just make both staves with the same time signature (5/4) and edit
> the result in LilyPond
> (text window)?
>
> Sorry, but I just didn't understand :)
If you didn't get it to print out, that is quite understandable - there
is another problem, not to do with the polymetrics...
Richard