Re: [Denemo-devel] Sourceforge

From: N. Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Sourceforge
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:37:40 +0200

At first I'm glad there is now control over sourceforge, again.

Deleting is not good, I agree. But I would avoide redundancy. If it is not clear what Denemo is about when you enter denemo.org then I can change that, but an additional website is unnecessary.

If you want to hear my advice:
-Change the old index.html of the sourceforge html page to a redirect, because It will be linked directly here and there.
-Delete the old releases @ sourceforge.
-Change the Homepage-Button on the sourceforge project page to denemo.org, like you did on savannah.

I have made a list of Webpages linking or reviewing to denemo. Once there is a new Denemo release to download I will send them a message to change the links and maybe write another review.
I am confident that denemo.org will show up on the first google page soon.

And at last:

Hi Adam!
Do you have any plans on developing denemo again?

Nils

Richard Shann schrieb:
This is excellent news: I think it is important to use the sourceforge
site to help potential users, rather than just deleting it. There are
thousands of links to it, and will be for a long, long time.
Suggestions as to how to manage it? The new site is much more attractive
I think, although the opening page does not immediately say that Denemo
is a music notation program, starting rather with News. Perhaps
sourceforge could provide the quick overview before handing over to
denemo.org?
Will we be able to control the download links? I guess so.
Richard