Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo.org

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo.org
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:28:39 +0100

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 16:05 +0200, N. Gey wrote:
> I renew my offer.
>
> I want to make and maintain a new website for denemo.
> Will it be hosted on denemo.org then?
Jeremiah will be able to comment on feasibility of this.
In any circumstance the homepage on GNU must be sensible - if you can
just re-write it to quote from the manual e.g.

Denemo lets you create musical scores. You can type music in using the
keyboard or play it in using a microphone. You can edit your music - the
display shows you the measures you are working on - and you can playback
selected bits to check how it sounds. You can preview and print the
score or parts to the highest standards used in the music publishing
industry - thanks to the Lilypond typesetting program.

And to warn that sourceforge site is stuck at 0.7.7 that would be a good
start.

> Additionally I want to make the PR-work. Announcing Denemo on mailing
> lists and websites, keeping links to denemo fresh etc.
That would be great - this is for me the most intimidating bit, although
I am happy to create texts for any particular purpose.
I suggest we set ourselves a target for a new release with packages for
linux and windows and publicise that from the day of the release, with
texts prepared beforehand.