Re: [Denemo-devel] Accelerator labels

From: Jean-René Reinhard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Accelerator labels
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 20:04:11 +0200

Le Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:04:30AM +0100, Richard Shann écrivait:
> It just occurred to me that we may be able to write the accelerator
> labels ourselves - gtk would take care of displaying them on all the
> menu items that invoke the action concerned, but we would control the
> wording of them.
> That way, we could show the multiple key assignments, and distinguish
> KP_0 and 0, upper and lower case letters, etc, etc.
> I am not sure if gtk would show the accelerator label if in fact there
> was no accelerator defined for the action...
> Richard

This does not seem easy to do, the reason being that the part turning an
accelerator into a label in the GtkAccelLabel is not accessible from the
interface. I tried but gave up for the time being.

I'll post a longer explanation of why it is difficult and what it would require
once I'm finished with the keymap migration.

Cheers,
Jean-René