[Denemo-devel] Re: [Denemo-users] pickup

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: [Denemo-users] pickup
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:02:40 +0100

Please note: the sourceforge site is orphaned - everything is taking
place on Savannah. Please use address@hidden for emails.
The current denemo version is 0.7.8

About pickup or upbeat: this can be done, it is not very elegant at
present. Essentially, you add a LilyPond directive at the start of the
first measure:
\partial <n>
(where <n> the duration of the pickup note - e.g. 4 for a quarter note
upbeat)

You then use insert measure and go to the next measure where you can
continue with the music, leaving the first measure incomplete.
For the details of \partial you can consult the LilyPond documentation.
I've put an example at

http://www.rshann.plus.com/Telemann/Partia2/Partial2.denemo

in this piece Aria 2 has an upbeat eight-note (quaver) and
Aria 5 has an upbeat quarter-note (crotchet) as well as repeats.
Please ask if you need more help.

Richard