Re: [Denemo-devel] Trying to compile 0.7.7

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Trying to compile 0.7.7
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:00:43 +0100

On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 10:30 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> > I am afraid this is because the active developers have lost control of
> > the old sourceforge site and sourceforge say it can't be taken over. The
> > active development and releases are taking place on Savannah. If you go
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/denemo/
>
> Okay. Found it. Got the 0.7.8
>
> Just a suggestion: it pays to advertise. Maybe putting a sig. on
> messages in this group with the savannah.gnu.org website might help :)
yes - I don't think there's been any announcement in any lists or
anything yet. But this is a side issue as you have found ...

> I've unpacked and tried again. Unfortunately, I have the same problem. I
> guess my portaudio is too old? I'm running ubuntu gutsy and that has
> portaudio19-dev version svn20070125-ubuntu2 installed. Maybe I'll have
> to wait for hardy to try this program?
No, I don't think so - what you have is going on way before you would
hit that sort of problem, it looks like something is affecting what the
compiler is finding in portaudio.h so that it doesn't pick up
PaTimeStamp as a type (it is defined to be double in fact), but I can't
imagine what. You can put a -E flag on the compiler to see what it the
pre-processor is picking up, but that's only feasible if you are fairly
techie. Better would be to use the .deb package. Jeremiah - can you post
that up?