Re: [Denemo-devel] Release

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 09:47:10 -0500

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 07:58 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> Jeremiah - should the release tarball and a tarballed CVS download be
> identical?

I don't think so. Usually when I download tarballs they don't have
everything that cvs has in it. The process I used to create the tarball
was to just run this command in the cvs tree:

make dist

Autoconf/Automake makes it that simple. If that does not work then we
have done something wrong.

> Is the release labelled in CVS? (I haven't checked anything
> in yet).

Yes. The tag label is called:
denemo-0-7-8

I believed I used this command to label cvs:

cvs tag -R denemo-0-7-8

It would not let me use "." characters.
I am not sure if that is what you are talking about or not in terms of
creating a cvs label.