Re: [Denemo-devel] ideas on new features for future release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] ideas on new features for future release
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:54:28 +0100

> > How do you add fingerings in LilyPond (three examples really - right,
> > left fingerings and Fret number indication)?
>
> In most guitar notation I have seen there is left/right hand fingering,
> playing position or bar position.

It was the last (the playing position) that I was calling fret number
indication - the thing written usually as upper case Roman numeral
indicating the number of the fret where your hand should be - does
LilyPond have a notation for this - I don't see it? Is it not so
important?

> > > The above are the most frequent reasons why I have to open up the
> > > exported lilypond file after denemo.
Thanks for these - I'll keep them in mind.

> While I am at it a very simple feature to implement would be "export to
> text editor". We already have a text editor defined in the user external
> preferences. I was going to add this feature but forgot about it.

The LilyPond editing stuff is a text editor, but with the text tagged
back to the Denemo, so they don't get out of step.