[Denemo-devel] Re: [Denemo-users] How do I "tie"??

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: [Denemo-users] How do I "tie"??
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:06:00 +0000

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 13:48 -0300, Hudson Lacerda wrote:
> --- Richard Shann <address@hidden> escreveu:
>
> > BeginSlur is usually bound to the "(" key and
> > EndSlur to ")" key.
> > There is no difference in appearance between a tie
> > and a slur is there?
>
> Slurs and ties are different in both appearence and
> meaning. One important graphical difference is that
> ties always start/end on note heads, never on note
> stems.

Thank you for this. I think lilypond does have a separate command for
tie. In the upcoming release (currently in CVS) it will be possible to
put in a tie by using a LilyPond directive inserted at the notes
concerned. This will then print correctly, though denemo will not show
it in the input display, as with all LilyPond inserts. There is a
command in the current release to insert a tied note, but I have a
suspicion that it may just slur the two notes.
Richard Shann