Re: [Demexp-dev] Questions

From: Lyu Abe
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Questions
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:06:17 +0900

Hi David,

You can look at function _contact_demexp_server() and other functions
that call it.

However, from what I've read Augustin is using the xmlrpc() standard
call from PHP and not the xmlrpc external module, so the API is
probably quite different.

I did look at the _contact_demexp_server(), but I still do not understand why I cannot retrieve, for example, the max number of questions. In the Drupal code, a simple

$ds_max_question_id = _contact_demexp_server('max_question_id', 0);
echo $ds_max_question_id . 'server max';

can retieve the max number of questions. My PHP code is quite similar:

$message->xmlrpcmsg('max_question_id', $cookie);
$max_Q_ret = $server->send($message);
print $max_Q_ret->value();

but the returned response from the server has no meaning (like "379895601", or "415675044", or... I got a different value each time... so I think I'm totally off, but do not understand what I'm doing wrong). The XML response from the server is (for example),

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<methodResponse>
<params>
<param>
</param>
</params>
</methodResponse>

Note that at the beginning of the code, I login then at the end I log out, and these operations seem to execute fine. For example if I login using an invalid name, I get the XML response:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<methodResponse>
<fault>
<value><struct>