Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: How to handle protocol modifications. Delegation.

From: François
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: How to handle protocol modifications. Delegation.
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:10:12 +0200

On Le Monday 16 October 2006, à 20:28:17, ketty wrote:
> On 10/16/06, Francois <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >There were talk in demexp-fr some times ago about this problem of
> >"effet vacances". I thought about it but does not found a fully
> >satisfying solution. Some possibility could be the notion of proxy
> >(in its legal meaning) who can vote in place of the voter during a
> >limited period and only on questions not tagged as "definitive" (or
> >something like that). This proxy could be an other people or some robot.
> >

> The client-side can't really be only clients, but also has to be small 24/7
> servers :)

I know this is the biggest drawback of this idea. But I am not sure how
much it is a real problem.

As for "24/7" I think that the democratic experience should not compute
votes more than once a day (or perhaps even less). I am in favour of
direct democracy not of artificially fast decision-making. So we can
low he "24/7" requirement a lot.

François