Re: [Demexp-dev] Authentication and so on

From: ketty
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Authentication and so on
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 04:41:37 +0200

On 10/15/06, François <address@hidden> wrote:
So, we could imagine some system with an demexp autentication server who
can give some token to the drupal part. When the drupal account is
binded with a demexp account it can ask the demexp server to autenticate
against the demexp account. When it is not binded, it autenticate with
its own scheme.

I think that is to complicated. I would prefer singel server doing the authentification, and we could keep a flag attached to each account indicating weather it is strongly identified or not.

The demexp autentication server could be the same server (and the same
software) as the demexp voting server, but it do not need to.
(Indeed I strongly advocate in favour of the unix utiliies way of
thinking : prefer several small utilities communicating than one big
piece of software. That is why I imagine that the future could see
several pieces of demexp separated : autentication part, voting part (base
des positions), classification part, forum part...)

I share that opinion too.