Re: [Demexp-dev] Swedish party to use demexp?

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Swedish party to use demexp?
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:43:05 +0200

Hello Ketty,

2006/10/2, ketty . <address@hidden>:
Manifesto in english:
http://wse75376.web16.talkactive.net/ads%20websida/Party%20program.html

This is *very* interesting! I've only glimpse through your English
description but this is very close to the Democratic Experience idea.
There are some differences (e.g. the vote algorithm) but this is very
close to demexp.

It is however lacking in technical implementations, so we are very
interested in demexp!

We can help in adapting demexp to your needs if necessary (e.g. add a
new voting algorithm).

I have currently set up a test server with a modified web-client at:
http://equah.afraid.org/demexp/demexpweb.cgi

I've seen that you have improved the web interface (ability to change
votes directly from the position base browsing dialog). You can submit
a patch if you want.

Please note that we (more exactly Augustin) are working on an improved
web interface (better interface, integrated forums, etc.) and current
WDialog code is going to be deprecated. You can see a first
demonstrator there: http://demexp.ouvaton.org/

On the other side, if you have invested time and code into the current
WDialog interface, we might keep it a bit longer if necessary.

Some of the modifications are quite quickly and dirtily done though...
*blush* *hides code*

Feel free to submit patches or things you would like to have.

A problem i encountered when compiling demexp was that it seems to assume a
32bit architecture.

Yep, I work on 32bits arch but that should work on any architecture.

I had to change the line: "type Ocaml_int = -1073741824 -- 1073741823" in
srv/xml.cd.nw. But that is ofcourse no real fix as it breaks 32bit. Maybe
use int32 or int64 instead of int?

Ok, I understand. I need to think about it.

Could you send to the mailing list the patch of modification you have
made to make it work on 64 bits arch?

Anyway, i hope things will turn into a fruitfull cooperation between
AktivDemokrati and Demexp! =)

I also hope so.

Best wishes,
d.