Re: [Demexp-dev] Depencies of ocaml-gettext and other problems

From: GISQUET Christophe
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Depencies of ocaml-gettext and other problems
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:53:29 +0200

Hello,

David MENTRE a écrit :
BTW, I can no longer make translation work on linux. (sigh)

What do you mean? The .po editor you used is not working anymore?

The only modification I can really recall is coercing ld/gcc into
linking against the GTK version of gettext/libintl.

Oh! win32 platform is a bit tricky for me. :-)

Basically, cygwin also provides its own dll, that relies on its POSIX emulation layer. The native GTK port (ie not using again cygwin Xorg port) certainly is not using this. A typical distinction is byte packing of structures, that adheres to the Microsoft Visual way of packing (gcc's -mms-bitfields flag under win32 platform).

Notice that part of the mail. It was important to understand the bug
reported in another mail.

Which bug? I lost track of it.

Sorry, I forgot that the mailing list used wasn't this one. It was a bug report sent to demexp-contact and was regarding the fact that there were missing dlls (.so shared libraries). I tend to remove people from the To:/Cc: fields when I believe they will get twice the mail. I hope you did receive that mail.

In fact the technical part of the mail should be discussed on demexp-dev now.

Best regards,
--
Christophe GISQUET