[Demexp-dev] Re: Problème avec le dépôt mercurial

From: GISQUET Christophe
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: Problème avec le dépôt mercurial
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:27:05 +0200

Good evening.

By the way, I'm registered to demexp-dev so no more need to cc me.

David MENTRE a écrit :
> You'd better use demexp-dev@ for all questions related to development.

Ok, I thought it had more to do with project organization. But whatever.

> Are you sure? Have you tested with Firefox? Be careful that sometimes
> Firefox uncompresses tarballs while keeping the .tar.gz suffix.
>
> I tested with wget and it seems to work:
> wget 'http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/demexp/latest-dev?ca=tip;type=gz'
>
> With Firefox, I observe the sam behaviour as yours.

Yes, indeed. I find it surprising that Firefox uncompresses the archive without telling us *and* keeps the same filename. But whathever, nowadays' hard drives are so big that size shouldn't matter. *g*

> Once again, it works with a wget:
> wget 'http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/demexp/latest-dev?ca=tip;type=zip'

Indeed, on a Debian sarge, it is a valid zip file. But wget'ing it on a windows host shows it to be the already mentioned directory listing.

> Oh, it reminds me of a discussion on Mercurial dev list where developers
> were thinking of changing MIME type announced for archive download
> because it had the above observed strange behaviour on Firefox. Maybe

At least, it had me chuckle.

> latest stable release fixes that? I'll try to test it.

Tested with firefox 2.0b2/win32 on my side (I know you are speaking of the mercurial's version).

Best regards,
--
Christophe GISQUET