Re: [Demexp-dev] Compilation of demexp

From: Sylvain Chevillard
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Compilation of demexp
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:48:33 +0100

Hello everybody,

Indeed, I first tried to compile the client for that reason.
Actually, you should remove it from download and from the wiki and
maybe provide a more sophisticated documentation to compile under Mac
OS X. It is not a simple task since there are a lot of dependencies to
compile demexp and I'm on it for one or two weeks. But it should be
possible to make a specific tutorial. I can try to do it if you want.

Yes, it would be very nice. Feel free to correct information on the
Wiki and add necessary documentation.
The wiki to use is :
http://demexp.org/en/ doku.php#articles_and_discussions_on_software_development

The french one (for final user documentation) is:
  http://demexp.org/fr/doku.php?id=start

Ideally, it would be nice to have an Mac OS X installer with needed
libraries, as for the Windows version.

OK. First I will explain what to do in the Wiki.
There are some linux apps which have been adapted into Mac OS X apps (such as Gimp or Inksckape). The only thing the user needs is to download the app, move the file (which is actually a directory but it's transparent for him) on his hard disk, and then double-click to launch it. I'm far to be able to do such a thing at the moment, but I will have a look to know if it is possible to do it for Demexp.

2) It is a bit hard to find the sources of demexp. When you are in the
wiki you click and re-click and, one time, randomly, you finally find
the link to the sources. You should probably give a link to the sources in the "download page" (except if you intentionnaly decided to not put
it here).

Fixed. Let me know if it is more clear now.

It's a lot better now. You can also add a link on demexp's web page (http://www.demexp.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=2) near the existing links to Windows, Linux, and Mac.

Regards,

Sylvain