[Demexp-dev] Dogtails: an infrastructure to test GUI

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Dogtails: an infrastructure to test GUI
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:10:21 +0200

Hello,

I've just seen on LWN an announcement for dogtails:
  http://people.redhat.com/zcerza/dogtail/index.html

Dogtails is apparently a GUI test and automation tool. It seems quite
interesting to do systematic tests on the GTK+ client. Most of bugs
are currently found in the client because I have no way to make an
automatic test scenario.

I intendend to test it (i.e. in 2 years from now) but feel free to
give it a try. I would be glad to hear that it works with GTK+ apps.

Yours,
d.

PS: while I'm at testing, I also plan to rewrite some tests in the
server code (mostly those in srv/Work module) with you Python RPC
code, Thomas. It would allow me to do more realistic tests and check
for more various scenarios.