Re: [Demexp-dev] DemExp 0.4 compilation issue with CDuce 0.3.9

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] DemExp 0.4 compilation issue with CDuce 0.3.9
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:01:21 +0200

Hello,

[ Sorry for breaking the thread, but my last e-mail didn't reach yet the
demexp-dev mailing-list, for some reason. Maybe because the server is slow ]

Thomas Petazzoni a écrit :

> I traced down the issue a bit further, and I come to the conclusion that
> cdo2ml doesn't work the way it worked, or it is buggy. Trying to
> manually run cdo2ml doesn't work (it waits forever). Running it with
> strace gives interesting stuff :

As I said in the other e-mail, the problem was that the preprocessor to
use is "cduce --mlstub" instead of "cdo2ml --static".

However, running "cduce --mlstub" doesn't work, because it looks for
cdo2ml in the current directory. I have found a simple work around:
using -pp "/usr/bin/cduce --mlstub".

I've debugged the thing a bit, and came to the conclusion that when
"cduce" is run directly (assuming it's in the PATH), then Sys.argv.(0)
doesn't return the full path, and then "cdo2ml" path is incorrect.

The thing I don't understand is that when I run the ocaml interpreter
from the command line, and then invokes Sys.argv.(0), it correctly
displays the absolute filename :

address@hidden:~$ ocaml
        Objective Caml version 3.08.3

# Sys.argv.(0);;