[Demexp-dev] CDuce in Debian, CamlRPC package update

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: [Demexp-dev] CDuce in Debian, CamlRPC package update
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:00:15 +0200

Hello,

Finally, CDuce entered the «main» section of Debian unstable yesterday. Version 0.3.2-2 is currently being compiled by autobuilders, and should be deployed soon into Debian mirrors (ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cduce/).

A small update have been made to librpc-ocaml-dev, which is now at version 0.4.1-7.

These packages are not yet available in testing, for two reasons : 1) because they are too young (less than 10 days in unstable), 2) because they depend on the new 3.08.3 OCaml compiler, which is not yet in testing.

DemExp 0.4 doesn't compile with CDuce 0.3, because of small changes in the syntax of .cd files. However, with the patch I've sent here a couple of days ago, I'm still able to generate DemExp for unstable in my Debian repository. So, people using unstable can now use a DemExp version which uses only free software (CDuce 0.3) ! ;-)

For the moment, I cannot easily build DemExp for testing (because of
Ocaml 3.08.3 not being in testing).

My work on DemExp packaging is publicly available in the Ocaml Debian Maintainers Subversion repository at http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/packages/demexp/trunk/.

As always, don't hesitate to report problems or to give suggestions for these packages.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--
PETAZZONI Thomas - address@hidden