Re: [Demexp-dev] How to report version number in bug reports

From: skaller
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] How to report version number in bug reports
Date: 12 Feb 2005 11:30:45 +1100

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 04:21, David MENTRE wrote:

>    This version number will be bumped up each time I do a
>    "release". This is not perfect but better than nothing (I am open to
>    better scheme);

Id I use is version, buildno, host, user, datetime.

Version: manually assigned 99.99.99 GNU style number
Buildno -- increment by 1 every time you run make script.
host: hostname of machine doing build
user: username of login used to do the build
datetime: time build commences

--
John Skaller, mailto:address@hidden
voice: 061-2-9660-0850,