[Demexp-dev] Re: Interface between OCaml and Cduce

From: Serge Leblanc
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: Interface between OCaml and Cduce
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:12:28 +0100

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 17:25 +0100, David MENTRE wrote:
My first feedback after reading your code:

 1. lines should be shorter than 80 characters;

 2. do you know about an emacs mode suitable to edit cduce code?

I do not know, personally I use VI, but you can ask on the CDuce mailing list.

 3. I would like to stop at first error (rationale: it is not useful to
    load an apparently corrupted database. The XML file should not be
    written by hand but by a first saving of the bases) so raise an
    exception. However, for the error to be useful, I would like to
    provide XML file line and column number of the error (much like
    OCaml errors). Do you know if it is possible?

2 possible solutions:
  1. either the exceptions are caught and managed in the CDuce code,
  2. or the exceptions are transmitted and managed to the level of the Ocaml code.

Solution 1 is easily realizable.  Solution 2 raises today a little more difficulty, there is currently loss of information at the time of the passage of a CDuce exception to a Ocaml exception.  The detail of the exception unfortunately is left fallen.

I think that the next versions of Ocaml and CDuce will integrate improvements into this level because the Cristal project takes part now in the effort of research which CDuce requests.

 4. in the definition of "type Xml_participant", it should be
    "Xml_group*" and not "Xml_group+": the groups are optional.

I will correct that.

--
pub  1024D/73791C2B 2002-09-30 Serge Leblanc <address@hidden>
 Primary key fingerprint: 8E0C 0D6D E026 A278 9278  BF4F 1A93 D552 7379 1C2B