Re: [Demexp-dev] CDuce binding in Makefile.

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] CDuce binding in Makefile.
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:15:36 +0200

Hello Serge,

Serge Leblanc <address@hidden> writes:

> I will integrate in the makefile the possibility of binding CDuce code.
> What will allow a easy informations XML handling.

Sorry, but I don't know what CDuce is. After looking at its web page
(http://www.cduce.org/), it appears that it allows (amongst other
things) to manipulate XML documents in a type safe way.

However, I'm wondering if such a program is really necessary for
demexp. For the XML import and export, I just need small routines to
read & write xml files and transform them into ocaml data structure,
with a sax-like API in order to avoid loading all the file in memory.

For reading, it seems that lablgtk2 as already a minimal XML support:
http://oandrieu.nerim.net/ocaml/lablgtk/doc/Xml_lexer.html

For writing, I can do it easily with printf-like functions.

CDuce seems to me a huge program (and language!) not suited to the
needed task. What do you think of it Serge?

BTW, if CDuce has the possibility to *validate* an XML DTD, it could be
interesting for us, demexp developers.

Yours,
david
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A