Re: [Demexp-dev] Link for a question?

From: Félix
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Link for a question?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:03:09 +0200

David,

I think that allowing a link on the question itself
could be more confusing than useful e.g.: someone
submits a question "Is demexp useful?" and adds a link
to a page where he says "I mean the demexp project not the
demexp software" . Then what question do you answer?

Also someone who submits a question may put a link that
is not partial, and this would be unfair.

I think that in 99% of the time someone who submits a question
also has a candidate answer to propose, so she/he will put the
link together with the candidate answer.

Cheers,

 Felix

Hello,

Should the initial question contain an external link?

Initially, we have decided that responses would have links, for further
debate.

But maybe it would be interesting to initiate the debate on the initial
question by allowing to provide a link to a web site, news site, etc.

As an example, we could have:

 Question: Is demexp useful?
           http://....

 Response 1: Yes