[Demexp-dev] DemExp server, nearly the demo release

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] DemExp server, nearly the demo release
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:41:51 +0100

Hello,

I have incorporated a few minutes ago the latest missing functionality
of DemExp server: the removal of delegation.

So, despite the server still not being able to save and restore its
bases, I think the DemExp server is now functional, or at least ready to
construct a first Demo release.

Its current capabilities:

 - login of individuals and delegates (clear text password, no security)

 - creation of question, addition of responses, requesting of a question

 - creation of keyword hierarchy (no keyword removal, no facility to
   move questions in the classification), store questions in it and
   navigate the hierarchy

 - handling of delegation (addition & removal)

 - handling of votes, taking into account delegation

The code is documented and basically tested. Of course, I'm sure that
some hairy bugs are hiding in the dark and the documentation is
sometimes unreadable. But we will solve those issues in time. And the
code has also several severe limitations. Once again, we will have to
work on this later.

I will now concentrate, in the short term, on the client side. I'm eager
(and I think I'm not alone :) to vote!

In the very short, term, I think I will take a break. ;-)

Have a good night/day.

Yours,
d.mexp
--