[Demexp-dev] Interesting paper on Google File System

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Interesting paper on Google File System
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:24:25 +0200

Hello,

I have started to read a paper on Google file system:

http://www.cs.rochester.edu/sosp2003/papers/p125-ghemawat.pdf

SOSP is a high standard conference on operating system (read: good paper
quality).

The paper is very interesting. It might give ideas to make demexp
scalable and fault tolerant in the long term. When reading the paper,
replace "file chunk" by "question", "file hierarchy" by
"classification", etc.

The Google people have a practical approach to solve issues that I like
much.

That's said, we are still very far from the point when we will have to
look at those issues (read: I spend to much time on emails :).

Yours,
d.
--
 David Mentré <address@hidden>