dejagnu

Re: testsuite under wine

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: testsuite under wine
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:48:13 +0300

For a totally off-topic response, as the primary author of DejaGnu, and currently retired maintainer (thanks Jacob!), it has been so fun to see such great community support from multiple people and the Wine project. For a 31 year old project, it's very encouraging. I am loving the deep technical discussion.

I'll note Wine did not exist when I wrote DejaGnu, course neither did mingw. In the early years we just would use telnet on a windows machine for cross testing, and then later just Cygwin. The problem with CR/LF has been around since the beginning. They are needed to know the end of a string, but obviously vary a lot depending on the target.

        - rob -
--
https://www.senecass.com