dejagnu

Re: testsuite under wine

From: Jacob Bachmeyer
Subject: Re: testsuite under wine
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 22:10:10 -0600

NightStrike wrote:
On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 4:06 AM NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 9:56 PM Jacob Bachmeyer <jcb62281@gmail.com> wrote:
NightStrike wrote:
On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 11:05 AM Jacek Caban <jacek@codeweavers.com> wrote:

Sure, I'd be interested how well my latest patch works for NightStrike.
It should give us overview about how much conhost interferes with test
results in practice when we get easy stuff out of the way.

Generally, more tests run and pass, but most still fail for different
reasons.  IOW, the cursor hiding escapes are gone, but the EOLs still
don't match until we modify the tests themselves.  Here are the result
summaries, full logs available to anyone who wants them.

[...]
If you have DejaGnu 1.6.3 or a current Git checkout, you should have the
"dejagnu report card" command, which, when run in the directory with the
*.sum files or an explicit list of summary files, will produce a neat
table summarizing that information.  It was designed specifically for
collecting large numbers of results into a compact form for easy summary
comparisons.
I only saved the logs, not the sums.  Can I still make that work
without rerunning the tests?

I tried just copying the logs to sums, and it worked :)

The summary files are normally used because they are much shorter and do not contain output from tests, eliminating a small chance of the patterns misfiring and counting other text as test results. All of the information in the summary file *is* in the log however, so simply copying (or linking) as you did will work in most cases.

-- Jacob