dejagnu

Re: Separating stdout and stderr

From: Christophe Lyon
Subject: Re: Separating stdout and stderr
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:57:21 +0100

On 25 March 2016 at 05:20, Ben Elliston <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 03:53:16PM +0100, Christophe Lyon wrote:
>
>> We suspect that the non-ordered nature of stdout vs stderr is causing
>> random problems in our GCC validations.
>
> Really?  We've been testing GCC with DejaGnu for 20 years.  I'd be
> surprised if that problem had not popped up by now.

Well, as Yvan showed with his recent patches, we seem to be using
DejaGnu in an unusual configuration, which uncovers corner case bugs.

I'm seeing "random" results in sanitizers tests, which is a relatively
recent addition to GCC.
And I know we are not the only ones having trouble with the
sanitizers results.

I would just like to add determinism, to remove one cause of randomness.

Christophe.