dejagnu

Re: New baseboards for mips targets

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: New baseboards for mips targets
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 17:10:20 -0500

On 10/2/2012 4:53 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 16:12 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
On 10/2/2012 4:06 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
I would like to add some new baseboards to dejagnu.  I added a new triplet,
mips-mti-elf, to GCC, binutils, and newlib (libgloss).  The newlib change
included new linker scripts for using the gnu simulator and I would like to add
new baseboards that use those linker scripts.  I also added baseboards
for an existing target, mips-sim-sde*, that I included in my newlib patch.
For my understanding and testing purposes, could you explain what
each base board corresponds to?

Can there be a comment in each file clarifying that?
While looking at where to put a comment I realized that these baseboards
had an if statement checking for ecoff that they didn't need because
they are elf only.

How about if I change (as an example):

# Use idt.
if { [board_info $board obj_format] == "ecoff" } {
     set_board_info ldscript "-Tidtecoff.ld"
} else {
     set_board_info ldscript "-Tmti32.ld"
}

to:

# Use the mti32.ld linker script from libgloss for the o32 ABI on the
# mips32 architecture.
set_board_info ldscript "-Tmti32.ld"

The other boards would be changed similarly to say they are for the
o32/n32/n64 ABIs on the mips32 or mips64 architectures.

Would that meet your commenting needs or do you want something more?
Are these all for the simulator in gdb? That was the key point I was missing.
If this looks good I can resubmit the entire patch with these changes.
I am currently doing some sanity testing just to make sure that removing
the if statement doesn't affect anything.
I didn't have any technical issues. I just wanted to be able to know which simulator
to acquire to use the base board. :)
Steve Ellcey
address@hidden

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
    Support Available             (256) 722-9985